Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Texts by Author/ Subject
Ways to use the CLCD
For reviews of a particular title:
- Type the title in the search box and under Word search criteria
- Select the radio button by exact phrase under Search specific fields
- Select the radio button by Title
- Click on the red Search button
Need ideas for texts that have something in common?
- type the title of a work in the search box and under Word search criteria, click the radio button by exact phrase and then click the red Search button. Other titles that you see are there because a reviewer mentioned the book you searched in her/his review of another book, meaning they have something in common - read the review to find out what that is
- type a topic in the search box and under Word search criteria, click the radio button by word variants, and under Search specific fields, click the radio button by Review.
For reviews of works by a particular author/illustrator, type the full name in the search box and under Search specific fields, click the radio button by Author/Illustrator.
The reviews themselves, while not critical/scholarly articles, can count as sources in your bibliography if you quote / paraphrase material from them.