Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Additional Journal Resources
JSTOR This link opens in a new window
Full-text access to over 1,300 core scholarly journals. Search for articles, or browse journal titles by subject.
Project MUSE This link opens in a new window
Access to 300+ full text journals in the arts and humanities, social science and mathematics. Coverage (in some cases) extends from 1993-present.
How to locate a journal or magazine of interest
Several ways to search efficiently: Best bet: scan the list to the right! But if you have to search...
- If you know the title or one or more key title words
- Use the 'Find Journals' link on the Libraries homepage. You can also browse 'Journals by Category' from this page.
- You can also enter the actual title in quotation marks in Basic Search ["art documentation"], then limit your results to Journals as a "Material type" OR
- Use the Title filter "is exact" in Advanced Search combined with Journals as "Material type" OR
- Use the Title filter "contains" in Advanced Search (if you're certain of a keyword or two) and limit to Journals as "Material type".
- If you don't have a specific title in mind
- Using Advanced Search, limit the "Material type" to Journals (this retrieves journals, magazines, all types of periodic publications) and select Subject from the dropdown filters menu to the left of the search box.
- Subject searches are powerful but general : Photography, printmaking, painting, sculpture, ceramics, art--history or art--historiography
- For greater precision, use two search lines to combine a subject search with a keyword: Subject: photography AND Keyword: contemporary OR modern
Art Journals & Magazines at Clemson
indicates peer-reviewed title
Latest issues located in our Current Periodicals reading area