Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What if Clemson Doesn't Own the Book I Need?
Look for the green & blue button in the right sidebar of catalog search results, or click this link to order from the unified catalogs of South Carolina academic libraries
Library Catalog for Books/eBooks
You can search for books in the catalog by limiting to "@ClemsonLibraries".
- Use an asterisk * to find varied word endings:
- leader* finds leader, leaders, leadership
- military leader*
- Use quotation marks to keep phrases together:
- "afghan war" army
- "weapons and warfare series"
- For biographies of generals, search by subject for their names
- Sherman, William T
- Lemay, Curtis
- Look at full records to discover standard search terms:
- Command of Troops -- Case Studies
- To find E-Books, add "electronic resource" to your search:
- leadership "electronic resource"
Congressional Research Service Reports & Issue Briefs
Supplied via the US Department of State, these reports are initially created for members of Congress. The State website allows a choice by date, region & topic. "Defense & National Security" is the relevant topic here.
Homeland Security Digital Library (HSDL)
HSDL is the nation's premier research collection of open-source resources related to homeland security policy, strategy & organizational management
Rand Corporation Research Briefs
RAND research briefs present policy-oriented summaries of individual published, peer-reviewed documents or of a body of published work. These often relate to national security issues & lead to downloadable free eBooks for individual use.
The Only Thing Worth Dying For: How Eleven Green Berets Forged a New Afghanistan
Call Number: DS371.412 .B544 2010
Predator: the Remote-Control War over Iraq & Afghanistan: A Pilot's Story
Call Number: DS79.766.M37 A3 2010
The Art of War by
Call Number: U101 .S93213 2003