All you need for complete access to library materials is a web browser, an internet connection, and an active Clemson ID.
FOR CLEMSON HOLDINGS:
- The Clemson Library Catalog will link you directly to our electronic resources, including eBooks, eJournals, article databases, article PDFs, and streaming video.
- To request print titles, DVDs, or CDs in our holdings, use the button at the top of the item record, fill in the form that comes up, and select "University Center--Greenville" as your pick-up location. You'll also need to indicate a "Cancel if not filled by" date at the bottom of the form.
- If the book you need is already checked out, click the green PASCAL Delivers icon to the right of the item's catalog record to order it (for free!) from a different SC library.
IF CLEMSON DOESN'T OWN THE BOOK YOU WANT:
- Search for it in the PASCAL catalog, request it, and have it delivered within 3 days. (Remember to choose a Pick-Up Institution that's convenient for you!)
- If PASCAL doesn't have the title you want, place an Interlibrary Loan request. Create an account (you only have to do this once), then sign in to place a New Request. (Please note: Interlibrary Loan books must be picked up at the Cooper Library on the Clemson campus or at University Center in Greenville. Indicate your preferred pick-up location in your Interlibrary Loan account profile.) Delivery times for ILL books vary, depending on the lending institution--please plan ahead!
- HINT: If you search the WorldCat catalog and find your book there, click the "Request If Not Held By Clemson" button, sign in to your InterLibrary Loan account, and the book request form will automatically be filled out for you!
WHERE TO CLAIM REQUESTED ITEMS
Claim your requested items at the F.W. Symmes Library and Media Center at University Center, 225 S. Pleasantburg Drive, in Greenville. Note the service hours on their website. The phone number at UCG is 864.250.1111.
Requested Clemson-held items are checked out to your Clemson Libraries account at the time you request them.
PASCAL and Interlibrary Loan items are checked out to your Clemson Libraries account at the time the request order is filled, which may be 3-5 days before you receive materials.