Plagiarism charges can be brought against you for the following offenses:
- Copying, quoting, paraphrasing, or summarizing from any source without adequate documentation - so make sure that you cite your sources!
- Purchasing a pre-written paper (either by mail or electronically)
- Letting someone else write a paper for you
- Paying someone else to write a paper for you
- Submitting as your own someone else's unpublished work, either with or without permission
More information on warning signs and how to avoid plagiarism