Start with a keyword search (see the keyword search tips sheet on the Find Articles page for some suggestions)
- Start off with a broad search, and use the database facet feature to narrow your results
- Once you have identified relevant article, "mine" the data to adjust your search, and/or add search terms
Follow up with a specialized search
- subject search - limit your keyword searches to just the subject field. Or use the facets on the left side of the screen to select subject terms from a list.
- cited reference search - once you have found a relevant article, look for newer articles that cite it. This is only available in the Web of Science Core Collection database.
- listed references - don't forget to check the reference list at the end of the article to identify articles that the authors consulted.